Episode 85: Tech-No
Technology is one of those things we CANNOT escape. We have become so technologically advanced. How much of it is to our benefit? How much of it is to our detriment? In this week’s episode, we discuss what it has done to us as a society.
- How tech savvy would you consider yourself to be?
- What is your favorite form of technology and why?
- At what point during your lifetime do you remember technology making the shift to where it is today?
- What surprises you most?
- How has technology benefited you?
- How has technology hindered you?
- Is the increase of technology making us lazy as a whole?
- We pretty much do everything online these days. We all find our potential cars, houses, goods, and even spouses online. But How far is too far? /What would you not search for online?
- How many times do we prefer to text over talking over the phone?
- Online shopping is on the rise as well as ordering food online.There’s a site called taskrabbit where you can get others to run your errands for you.How many millennials our age will actually learn how drive with Uber at their disposal? Right now our country is working on cars that will park themselves! Is this too much luxury for our generation?"
Unpack The Quote!
- Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we're too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone.
- All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness. - Mark Kennedy (Author)
- The great myth of our times is that technology is communication. - Libby Larsen (Composer)
Around The Way!
Sweet Chick LIC (http://sweetchick.com/)